Double Acting & Spring Return
Your solution for automation processes
Features & Benefits
- Compact Design – AVCS rack & pinion pneumatic actuator produces linear torque output in a compact design utilizing the same body and end caps for double-acting and spring-return units.
- Namur Mounting – Namur VDI/VDE 3845 and ISO 5211 dimensions on all sizes. No special blocks are required to mount solenoid valves, limit switches or positioners.
- Degree of Travel – The standard angle of rotation is 90°. Additional travel rotations through 180° are available. For sizes from AV08 through AV66, AVCS actuators feature dual travel stops that provide ± 10° stroke rotation on both the opening and closing phases of the actuator stroke.
- Multiple Output Shafts – The female pinion drive is standard with a double-square output drive, and optional with a double-D drive, keyed drive and designs to meet your specific requirements.
- High-Cycle Bearings – Shaft bearings isolate the pinion gear from the housing and support the shaft for high-cycle applications. Many competitive manufacturers do not provide this critical feature.
- Rugged Tooth Design – The pinion teeth are engaged the full length and stroke of the piston. The pinion height allows manual override without needing to remove the indicator.
- High Visibility Position Indication – External open/close indicator as standard, available for all rotations.
- High Cycle-Life Wear Pads – Piston incorporate double wear pads (skates) to separate the rack fom the actuator wall and serve as both guide and wear bearings.
- Safe Pre-Loaded Spring Cartridges – Epoxy-coated special steel springs are pre-loaded with nonmetallic materials. The stainless steel end-cap fasteners are extra long to allow for spring relaxation. All parts are corrosion-resistant.
- Alternative Operating Media – Air pressure operation from 2.8 to 10 Bar (40 to 150 PSI). Water, nitrogen and compatible hydraulic fluids may also be used to power the actuator.
AVCS 2.0 (click below links)
AVCS Legacy (click below links)
AV Pneumatic Actuators
AVE Electric Actuators
Customized Actuation Packages available at AVCSCO
Do you have a valve that currently needs replacing of a pneumatic actuator assembly? At AVCSCO we can help you with your Customized Actuation packages, whether you supply the valve or actuator, we can help you customize it...